One City is all about people. So we need volunteers, people just like you.
Every person has a place and is welcome at One City.
We have many opportunities for anyone interested in getting involved with One City Community Center. We believe each person is uniquely equipped to serve with their God-given time, resources, and talents. Here are some opportunities for you to get involved:
- Attending a community meal
- Show up. Sit down and actively do life with someone over a meal.
- Providing food or supplies.
- Helping with setup and teardown.
- Organization/Administration and help plan.
- Work Life
- Be an ally (mentor).
- Provide classroom supplies.
- Help provide childcare for participants during class.
- Provide transportation to participants.
- Become a business relations leader that recruits and builds relationships with future employers in the community.
- Support team – the go-to people that make sure all the small jobs get checked off and anything last minute is handled.
- Sponsor a Work Life participant.
- Organization/Administration for each class including printing and organizing the materials.
- Kids Enrichment Programs
- Do you have experience in the Arts? We need teachers for Dance, Art, and Music classes.
- We need individuals who are passionate about seeing as many young people as possible have the opportunity to participate. If you want to give your time or help us provide the resources needed, we need your help.
- We need volunteers who will champion not only the students in our classes but their families as well.
- Sponsor a child in one of the programs.
- Organization/Administration for the Fine Arts program.
- Be part of our team
- We need people who share our heart and vision for the community and are willing to spread the word and mission of One City.
- Have an idea? We want to hear it.
- We need weekly help with administrative and logistical planning.
- Organize and host fundraisers for One City.
- We need skilled construction workers to help with needs at the Community Center building such as roof, plumbing, build-outs, painting, etc.
- We need individuals or businesses that are willing to help financially support the needs of the programs, assist staff, and help maintain the building’s needed improvements.
We all have gifts and strengths. At One City Community Center we want a place where you can put those gifts and strengths into action.
Romans 12:4-8 “For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.”